Wednesday, September 30, 2009

More Perfect

Remember when I told you I had that great midnight snack? Well allow me to one-up myself by showing you what I'll be enjoying tonight.

The man, the legend himself, Thomas Haas, the world's greatest chocolatier, brings us Dark Bark. Perhaps one of his finest creations Dark Bark is, as it appears to be a disc of his finest dark chocolate, adorned with juicy pieces of dried fruit (apricot, candied orange, fig, cranberry) and nuts (pistachio and almond).
Screw my grab bag concoction, this is the real deal.

He has an effect on me, Thomas. His confections, and everything he does, are held in the deepest chambers of my foodie heart. Thomas does only right and brings only sweet joy to the world. He is an inspiration, a machine in the kitchen (and on the mountain, apparently), and a joy of a man to call friend!

I'm breaking this one out in honor of Thomas, who makes me strive to be a better human every time I encounter him, in person or food form.
Warning: expect Dark Bark to last for one sitting and one sitting only.

2 comments:

  1. holy mother of deliciousness. i've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing. If you are a major chocolate fan, I should mail you a Vosges bacon chocolate bar. It's an experience.

    http://www.vosgeschocolate.com

    ReplyDelete