Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy Birthday to me

It was my birthday right around the time I stopped posting. I know this because my birthday dinner at Animal, a meatlover's haven nestled in the heart of Fairfax, has been my "next post" for 9 months.

This meal was seriously miraculous.




Porkbelly with kimchi. Succulent.



Oxtail poutine. Complexity added to a traditionally simple dish.



Fois gras locomoco. Crazy fusion.



Balsamic ribs. They didn't fall off the bone - the bone just came out when you grabbed it. Decadent and delicious.



Of course whenever my father's in a good mood dessert always takes on a one-of-each approach. Here's the moist, dense tres leches cake. Pure bliss.



Animal's famous bacon crunchbar. That's right rich, dark chocolate and crunchy salty bacon in one bar. Unique.



Best. Donuts. Ever.

There were plenty more dishes but these were the stand outs.

Animal's minimal decor and reasonable prices make it great for dates, family and friends alike. But vegetarians and vegans beware. There's little for you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment