Sunday, July 26, 2009

Brite Spot

Last night I very luckily happened upon Brite Spot, an amazing all-night eastside diner with an old school feel and an extensive and respectable menu. If you know me you know I love a late night diner run with all the trimmings. I also love fresh, real food. Brite Spot combines these two and proves to be is the cleanest dirty diner food I've encountered.




I devoured my bacon cheddar omelette (deductions for what looked and tasted like processed cheddar on my eggs) but top marks went to the banana cream pie.



Real banana. Real cream. Real crust. I can safely call this the best diner pie I've ever had. It didn't last long.

Brite Spot is a bit over-priced, but the authenticity of the food, the diversity of menu and the eccentricity of the decor truly make up for it. Echo Park location is a plus but parking can be difficult.




Grade: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment