Monday, July 27, 2009

Sunday Dinner

Last night Mamacita spearheaded what can only be described to as a fitness dinner for the family.



I took charge of the halibut. Made a nice rub of fresh garlic, peppercorns, salt, cayenne, crushed red pepper flakes, coriander seeds and oregano. Then smothered the fish in olive oil and set those puppies on the grill. Once grilled I doused them in fresh lemon juice and served. Halibut is always my favorite so I was happy to chow down!


There were three salads. Three!! One was just a basic romaine lettuce and veggie salad - a Kousakis family dinner staple.

My sister made up a delicious heirloom grape tomato and bocconcini salad, dressed with oil and balsamic.



And mom roasted some beets and tossed them with mixed greens, carrots, sweet corn and feta. I love roasted beets and how they bleed all over everything, including the white cheese! The sweet/salty combo of the beets and feta is unparalleled.



All in all it was a perfectly healthy, perfectly delectable meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment